FOREWORD


This short childhood autobiography was written in December 2002 at the age of 47 whereby memories of the good old days seemed just only yesterday and is still lingering in my mind. The intention of creating this autobiography with the aid of modern technology is to educate the next generation on lives of the sixties and the fading architecture, which may not be a common sight in Singapore anymore. The illustrations are mainly hand drawn with the aid of paintbrush program incorporating into power point as a presentation package. Due to availability of blog space, it has been revised to direct posting for the convenience of interested readers. The context will lead you through the living environment, which depicted the early kampong day’s life.

The pictorial illustrations were mainly memories and I've tried to present the situation to the closest possible means. Deviations are kept to the minimum level. Traditional games were also introduced during my childhood and most of which had already been long forgotten.

After much consideration and encouragement from my daughter Sylvia, I've finally took the courage to post my childhood memories on 26th October, 2006 to share with friends and relatives - peng

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my daughter, Sylvia for her assistant and guidance throughout the creation of this blog which also includes the debut blog at www.huaguoshangong.blogspot.com

She's the one that inspire and encourage me to go into blogging which has become one of my new hobbies. This will eventually be an on-going activity which will lead me through my golden years-peng

Comments

administrator said…
Dear YS, your intention in creating this blog is very noble. Thanks for sharing the memories especially of the Old Singapore. Do continue to blog & allow us to share your vast life experiences.
Sylrone said…
Dearest Haiyub,
It's so encouraging receiving your comments. You're probably the best and the only one that would appreciate my effort taken in posting my childhood memoirs. Once again thanks and do keep me posted on any of your blog update. YS
Bro...yes! it is always good to leave something behind for future generations to think about.

Keep it up!!

Cheers!!
Sylrone said…
Bro, really thank you for appreciating my effort and traces left behind for the younger generation. Once again my sincere thanks to you for commenting.

Popular posts from this blog